Hooked on Needles

Monday, May 7, 2012

Modern She Made Swap Gift ~ almost finished!

Making this swap gift for my secret partner in the Modern She Made swap has been such a fun process, and it's almost finished! Here are my latest pictures, with a little blurring in just the right places to conceal the identity of my secret partner!

Modern She Made Swap Gift ~ almost finished!The two pieces shown previously are now joined by the two strips of green dots and the two strips of green prairie points and the white strip where her name is hand embroidered. I used DMC perle cotton in two shades of green and copied her blog name using the same font she uses, just to make it extra personal! Of course you can't see that here, but once she receives it, I'll show you the completed project and the embroidery!

Modern She Made Swap Gift ~ almost finished!The quilting on the pieced sections is simple straight line quilting done on my little old Singer domestic machine.

Modern She Made Swap Gift ~ almost finished!Since these pictures were taken, I have made the ties out of the same green dot fabric which will go on either side of this sewing machine cover to tie it closed, and the binding also made with the green dot fabric.

Once I finish this little gift, I plan to make one or two other small items to send along with it. I'll take pictures of the whole package before I mail it so you can see it all after she does! Oh my, good secrets are so hard to keep!

Happy Stitching!

Click here to return to HookedOnNeedles.com

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

• I'm so in love with this right now! The colours the design all look great! =D

By Blogger Cherie, At May 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM

• Sew cute MGM!!

By Blogger Sara, At May 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

• So lovely - love the zig zag's!

By Blogger annemarie, At May 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

• Beautiful colors! and lucky swap partner!

By Blogger Nedra, At May 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM

• now why did i not ask for a sewing machine cover? !!!
    Gorgeous

By Blogger Debra, At May 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

• wow! This is gorgeous. And what a nice touch to personalize it. Wishing this were for me! What a lucky partner!

By Blogger Nicole, At May 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM

• Happy. I can't decide if the chevron or the pinwheels are my favorite. You are so talented.

I have a praise in that our home has officially sold. I now have just 32 to days to find a home, pack and move. A little pressure? :) We put a bid on a home yesterday that will give "The Money Pit" a run for it's money.
    I wanted to let you know that I so appreciate all of your support and kind comments and if I am absent the next few weeks from your blog please know I will return soon.

For whomever you nurture, have a happy and blessed Mother's Day.

By Blogger Laura Ingalls Gunn, At May 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM